What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
During my early years when I used to attend my church often there was once where they took us out as a group from the teenager class. They gave us pamphlets to give out at a nearby apartment complex down the road after getting permission from our parents, those that didn't stayed behind and continued in the class like usual. While giving out pamphlets sometimes some answered but weren't interested which was fine, no use trying to talk to someone that wasn't interested in hearing. The few times were willing to hear me talk about the church and our teachings I used pathos, telling them the pros and cons about the church I attended. It was a good community, that welcomed everyone and but everyone there mostly spoke in Spanish so it was comforting for people that just arrived in the U.S., but we didn't have translators for English speakers which was disappointing that I warned for those considering attending. There were classes for children to attend and some pastors would volunteer to cook meals so there was always food available to buy at the end, on rare occasions we would get visitors from other churches to preach for us, it's wonderful to hear experiences from others that follow the word of God.
Comments
Post a Comment