Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

​Thinking back to how I talk is a bit embarrassing. The phrase I use the most is “for heaven’s sake”. Typically I use when I’m annoyed and in a sarcastic tone. I would use it because at some point I started noticing that because I was so used to being in an environment where cursing was casual that I would use it often. Given that my family is religious I wanted to limit that by using other phrases when speaking, small progress is that I don’t say it out loud much however in my mind it’s still a bit of an issue.

We did vocabulary, it wasn’t particularly hard however we did tend to overthink options, had to ask around what others’ got to check if I was wrong before I even consider submitting my work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

Write about a fear you have overcome.